Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Where I want to be

It is getting late for me but I am trying to figure out this Blog thing. I was trying to figure out how to post a picture and I posted a picture of my beautiful wife Angie at Philipsburg Marina in St. Maarten, Dutch Antilles and it reminded me so much of how much I want to be back in the warm sun and listen to the turquois wavelets brush upon the beach and soothe me into equanimity.
St. Maarten a beautiful and wonderful place with so many nice and kind people who move as rhythmically as the turquois wavelets do lapping upon silicon crystals--a place where the insane rush of American life drifts silently away fading into a distant memory--a memory which becomes more difficult day by day to comprehend or recall. You are swept up into a life of peace and slow pace, enjoying all that everything has to offer.
That is until you drive a car there and everything instantly changes. You must be on alert a factor of 10 times greater than driving any busy freeway in the US. It is a contrast that cannot be reckoned with by any means. It is metaphorically a world of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.
Ganga is smoked on a religious basis and of course as a means of slowing down, but they must all be extremely high on caffiene when they drive. Who else would slow down for a speed bump and then peel-out to accelerate at break-neck speed to once again slam on the breaks for the next speed bump. The only speed limit is there is no speed limit. Safe and Sane is an understatement. It's more like Unsafe and Insane; it is the rule not the exception.
Must get some sleep.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home