Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com

Thursday, August 26, 2004

A New Altenator?

Yesterday, our friend Matt had arrived and and we were driving to The Sunset Bar (guess what happens when you go during sunset?) and I tried to use the windsheild wipers. Well, they came on very slow. I tried them again. They were working even slower. Oh no! It can't be. The air blower for the AC in the car started to decease also. Now the blinkers didn't work. We stopped, opened the hood and looked at the battery connection. The battery looked good but I was suspecting the alternator--the car was running but very little was working and the headlights were very dim.
So we turned around aborting our mission to show Matt the wonderful sunset at Sunset Beach bar on his first night here. Good thing we did ,we got home and turned off the car and it would not start again.
The next day, we begger our next door neighbor, a wonderful person, to help us with the testing of our car and he agreed that it was probably our alternator. Bummer! Fortunately, though, Randy (our neighbor) had already replaced the alternator in his car which is the same make and model as ours. That was good so I felt more confident in replacing the part myself. Good thing too, the alternator cost me $245. Ouch!!! Not to mention the rental car I have for the next two days until I get the alternator replaced (I had to have the part ordered from Miami).
I will try to post a pic of our beater Hyundai so you all can enjoy the beauty of an Island Beater Mobile.
That's all for now folk's. Tune it again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home